AVOID PAYING TWICE– A substantial part of our business is diagnosing serious problems that other inspectors do discover, but recognize they cannot judge the condition competently (if they recognize the condition in the first place).
We want to help you understand your house. We:
- are Licensed Professional Civil Engineers
- are active in the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- have pride in being thorough, constructive and consistent
- are available to advise for years after the inspection
- have an office staff to help you during business hours
- prepare a detailed and customized narrative report containing over 20 pages of observations and suggestions emailed the following business day
Peter Seirup has been inspecting houses locally (in Ridgefield, CT and the greater Fairfield County area) full-time since the early 1980s. His business, Home Directions, inc., is primarily home inspections. The practice also includes troubleshooting of engineering problems for homeowners and advising clients making renovations.
Peter Seirup, P.E.
1976 B.S., Civil Engineering, SUNY
1976-78 Intern Engineer
1978-80 M.B.A., Harvard Business School
1980-82 Technical Management
1983 Earned P.E. License and Organized Home Directions, inc.
1983-Present Inspected well over 10,000 homes and buildings, and engineered thousands of solutions to structural issues