We want to help you understand your house. We:
- are Licensed Professional Civil Engineers
- are active in the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- have pride in being thorough, constructive, and consistent
- are available to advise for years after the inspection
- have an office staff to help you during business hours
- prepare a detailed, customized, narrative report containing over 25 pages of observations and suggestions, which we will email to you the business day following your inspection
AVOID PAYING TWICE
While home inspections are our primary business, Home Directions also provides consultations for property owners, home inspectors, and other building professionals.
Wait, did you say other home inspectors? Remember, most home inspectors are not Professional Engineers. Sometimes home inspectors find structural issues they’re not trained to advise about and bring us in to help. Sometimes structural concerns go unrecognized entirely until they become serious problems.
We believe it’s best to know as much as possible the house you’re purchasing. Having your home inspected by a Professional Engineer means structural issues are more likely to be found early. And you won’t have to pay another a Professional Engineer to consult with your home inspector.
ABOUT PETER SEIRUP, P.E.
Peter Seirup has been inspecting houses locally (in Ridgefield, CT and the greater Fairfield County area) full-time since the early 1980s. His business, Home Directions, inc., is primarily home inspections and consultations. The practice also includes troubleshooting of engineering problems for homeowners and advising clients making renovations.
1976 B.S., Civil Engineering, SUNY
1976-78 Intern Engineer
1978-80 M.B.A., Harvard Business School
1980-82 Technical Management
1983 Earned P.E. License and organized Home Directions, inc.
1983-Present Inspected well over 15,000 homes and buildings, and engineered thousands of solutions to structural issues